Buy-Low is coming to Langdon, Alberta!
At Buy-Low our focus is providing local communities with low food prices on top quality produce, meat, national brand products along with our award winning private label “Western Classics and Western Family”. Our most important job is serving you the customer!
We are now hiring for our newest location in Langdon, Alberta! Make a career choice in the grocery business with us!
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER
As the Assistant Store Manager for Buy-Low Foods, you will assist the Store Manager by providing direction and leadership to all departments; adhere to the company’s strategic direction, financial results and overall execution, while ensuring the policies, procedures and standards of the company are achieved.
- Focus on customer satisfaction and needs, ensure that employees provide customers with superior customer service through the use of training documents and direct communication with all staff.
- Manage issues relating to store maintenance, cleanliness, health and safety and sanitation and ensuring that all components are compliant with the legal requirements and company policies.
- Select, train, develop, and manage job performance of store employees, with assistance of other management personnel.
- Provide constructive suggestions and encouragement, set performance expectations, provide honest feedback, and identify assignments to provide others with developmental opportunities.
- Ensure proper floor coverage throughout the day, during breaks and lunches, in order to maintain superior customer service levels.
- Work with Store Manager to promote sales through store events and promotions and execute merchandising plans to reach budgeted sales, margin, and profitability targets and shrink percentages.
- Review daily sales to identify sales trends and areas for improvement and identify and ensure that there is a process for new and deleted items.
- Oversee incoming inventory and ensure freight is stocked to the sales floor in a timely manner, which includes accurate pricing, signing, and in-stock of merchandise.
- Ensure backroom is maintained, inventory is being checked in and handled correctly, and that on hand inventory levels are maintained correctly and order low-in-stock and out-of-stock items.
- Ensure that all merchandise is properly displayed and faced all end caps display merchandise that is seasonally correct and are priced accurately.
- Complete daily store tours in all departments and, delegate action plans from the department tour and follow up to ensure timely completion of the action plans.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years retail / management experience
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Proven ability to multi task with sound decision making abilities
- Ability to promote a spirit of motivation that leads to the development and implementation of profitable solutions
- Ability to provide and demonstrate direction and conflict resolution to the retail environment
- Demonstrated strong analytical, organizational, problem solving, and communication skills with all levels of management
- Ability to lift products weighing 15-30 lbs.
- Ability to work variety of shifts, including evenings and weekend work
Individuals who apply for management opportunities at the Langdon, Alberta location may be eligible for relocation package depending on previous experience.
If you are enthusiastic and passionate individual who leads by example, and if this positions sounds like you, submit your application online today!
We thank all applicants for their resumes however only qualified candidates will be contacted directly for an interview.